Science Is King

Science dictates lives: what you do, where you live, who you marry. It takes care of you, covers your bills, keeps you healthy, and all it asks in return is that you participate in a few experiments. Ridgeway has always been a control group, left mostly alone, but the Department of Science has been moving in, and everything is about to change.

Single
01 M
01 F
Teenagers
05 M
05 F
Partnered
44 M
45 F
Excellent
07 M
14 F
High
20 M
17 F
Neutral
15 M
15 F
Low
05 M
03 F
Poor
01 M
01 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC

all that we have amassed sits before us, bea's birthday dinner
Beatriz Heavens
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 09:12 PM

Age // 32

Posts // 25

Merit // Neutral

Alias // Kari

Occupation // nanny

Partner // Alexandra Heavens

Mini Quote

My past is perilous / But each scar I bear sings / Monuments to where I have been / And melodies to where I am going

EST + she/her/hers

Technically it wasn't her birthday until the next day, but there was plenty else happening on the 15th--two partnership ceremonies, three people moving into two new homes, five people whose lives would be different from then on. Beatriz would have been fine skipping a celebration of her birthday entirely, but Marcos wouldn't hear of it. So they planned a small family dinner, just Bea and Marc and their soon-to-be-spouses; Catalina's little girl was sick with the flu, so they stayed home. The rest of the house was packed up already, with just enough kitchenware left out to make dinner and set the dining room table. Beatriz was going to miss their house, the place that had been her home since she'd gotten out of the hospital and gotten custody of Marc back, but she was looking forward to the next chapter of their lives, especially for Marcos's sake.

The best present Bea could ask for was spending the day with Marcos, packing the last few boxes and prepping the lasagna to go in the oven for dinner. It was oozing with cheese even before they cooked it, seemingly endless layers of pasta, green vegetables, and bechamel sauce. Once it was safely in the fridge, they made a triple berry cake for dessert--strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry, because of Marc's blueberry allergy--though they probably ate as many berries while they cooked as ended up in the actual cake. The icing was light and fluffy, mostly whipped cream and sour cream, with a little bit of lemon juice for extra tartness.

Once everything was ready, Beatriz put the lasagna in the oven and went upstairs to get dressed. Her closet was empty now, only a few items remaining, laid out carefully on the bed and her chair: her outfit for tonight, her pajamas for the last night in her old home, and the dress she'd wear tomorrow to get married in. Beginnings and endings, all set out in one room. She was securing the backs of her earrings as she reemerged from the master bedroom and headed back downstairs. "Marc? You almost ready? They're going to be here soon." Bea was eager to meet the woman who'd be marrying her son, and she knew Marc would feel better about the whole thing once he'd had a chance to inspect Alex for himself.

Alexandra Heavens / Marcos Windsor / Margaret Windsor

Bea's outfit
PM EMAIL
^
Marcos Windsor
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 11:40 PM

Age // 22

Posts // 23

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Heather

Occupation // Game Design Major

Partner // Margaret Windsor

Mini Quote

When it rains look for rainbows. When it's dark look for stars.

pst + She/her

He was moving out. Tonight would be the last night in his old home and he'd be moving into his new partner's home tomorrow. Things had been packed but tonight they'd feast to ring in the new. He was sad Catalina couldn't make it but at the very least, he was going to be meeting his new stepdad and bringing Maggie here to meet his mom.

It was all turning into a very domestic affair and he was very excited but he was also leaving home and he had too many feelings about that. His life was now in boxes for the time being and the transitional stage was scary.

At least he had Maggie now. He thought their date had gone well despite being left in the dust by that dastardly cab driver that road off into traffic like nobody's business. Still, he was glad it didn't ruin the night, even if he was worried that he hadn't been what Maggie was hoping for. For the most part, the only family equal to the Windsors in status in Ridgeway were the Hasenkamps and whoever else graced the town council, though those two seemed to be prominent ones.

Letting out a breath, he fixed the hem of his shirt so it wasn't rumpled and soon heard the familiar voice of his mother. "Yeah, I'm coming." His eyes fell on the boxes once more but he turned away from them an headed down the stairs.

His hair was the usual mop of curls it always one but he had tried to brush it. It could not be tamed, however, and still continued to do its own thing as he met his mother downstairs. "It smells great." he smiled before he glanced towards the window. "Oh, I think I heard a car..." If it was Alexandra, then he was going to have to size him up. He didn't look very big from the picture he saw from his mom's file but regardless, this was an important family get together. Stepdad and new wife visiting all in one night though, after tomorrow, the only one he'd be visiting was mother and Alexandra.

Marc had no idea what it would be like with a kid around but he looked forward to meeting Michael. He wouldn't be here tonight and he wasn't sure what his mom felt about having a grandson so quickly but then again, she had granddaughter already. More the merrier, right?

The AI suddenly clicked on and sure enough, the approach of one of their guests was near. "I'll get the door!" And like an excited puppy, Marc scurried over and soon opened the door, glancing curiously at who was behind it.

Beatriz Heavens, Alexandra Heavens, Margaret Windsor
PM
^
Alexandra Heavens
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 04:11 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 20

Merit // Neutral

Alias // Dawn

Occupation // Musician

Partner // Beatriz Heavens

Mini Quote

Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.

GMT +1 + she/her

There were a lot less nerves present, and a lot more at the same time. He and Beatriz seemed to get along just fine, she was a sweet soul and his suspicions had lessened. His heart was still somewhat battered and bruised, but her vulnerability brought out certain things in him and it was hard to keep distanced to her when she was there, radiating warmth. It wasn’t in a particular thing she did or said. It was in the way she moved, the way she spoke, and the way she smiled.

Their first date hadn’t exactly been flawless, but there had been less reservations about the affair since then. He’d been busy eversince, needing to get all of his stuff from L.A. He’d been crashing at Evan’s house, and he wasn’t rude enough to bring all of his things with him. He was rather looking forward to moving, Ridgeway being where he wanted to be anyway and it meant he had a place to put his piano again. It was one of his most priced possessions. Hopefully Catalina wouldn’t mind a little music around the house – If so, she’d gotten partnered to the wrong person.

He checked his breath out of habit, and reached out to comb his fingers through his hair. He didn’t bring flowers this time (Evan told him not to; It disturbed the hostess or something. He’d rolled his eyes a little but followed her advice) but did have a small thing as a birthday present. What timing? At least it made their anniversary pretty easy to remember. It wasn’t something big, but he hoped she’d like it still. They didn’t know each other that well yet, so he wasn’t sure what her taste was.

He got out of the cab he’d taken there, waiting for it to drive off before moving up to the door. He took in a deep breath, the butterflies fluttering in his stomach but his usual smile in place. He was positive. It was his stepson, right? It’d be fine. He sort of wished he was a kid, but you couldn’t have it all.

Before he even rung the doorbell, the door opened up. It caught him off guard for a second how tall the person behind the door was, fully expecting it to be Beatriz who opened it. All it took was too blink though, barely a heartbeat passing in time before he realized who it had to be. She did mention her stepson. He was listed in her papers too.

You must be Marcos!” He said, his smile spreading, resembling a humanized oversized Labrador. “It’s great to meet you!” He exclaimed, with great enthusiasm. He held out a hand immediately, but didn’t let it rest at that if Marcos took it, instead pulling him in to a sort-of half-hug. They were family now, after all. Or, well, from tomorrow, anyway.
PM
^
Beatriz Heavens
 Posted: May 7 2018, 12:56 AM

Age // 32

Posts // 25

Merit // Neutral

Alias // Kari

Occupation // nanny

Partner // Alexandra Heavens

Mini Quote

My past is perilous / But each scar I bear sings / Monuments to where I have been / And melodies to where I am going

EST + she/her/hers

Beatriz followed Marcos to the door, getting there only a moment later. Her smile widened when she saw Alex, and it was then she realized that she'd actually started to look forward to being married to him. Their first date hadn't exactly been smooth sailing, but it had revealed Alex to be a kind, caring man who Bea had no reason to fear. Honestly, that was more important than any "normal," easy first date could possibly be.

They'd met up again a couple of times since then, brief chats over coffee between all the packing they'd each had to do, and it had made her eager to get to know this partner of hers better. It had also reassured her that their relationship wouldn't revolve completely around her trauma, despite what their first meeting might have led them to believe. With the heaviest bits already out in the open, it was easier to just go about the business of building a life together. Or so Beatriz hoped.

"I'm so glad you could come." Bea hugged Alex then took his hand to lead him into the house. "Alexandra, Marcos. Marcos, Alexandra. Catalina and her husband can't make it--I don't remember if I mentioned that. Their daughter is sick. But I'm sure you'll meet them soon enough," she reassured Alex. He was probably relieved at not having to meet everyone at once, and Bea understood completely. Alex himself had a much bigger family and Bea was very much hoping to get to know them one or two at a time.

"Is there room for me in this pile of introductions?" Maggie asked sweetly as she approached the front door. In all the busyness of Alexandra's arrival, she'd managed to park her car almost completely unnoticed.

Maggie smiled brightly at Marc, already a little besotted with him, but she held her hand out to Beatriz first. "Hi, I'm Maggie. Margaret Windsor, but everyone calls me Maggie. It's so good to meet you, and happy birthday! Thank you for inviting me to celebrate with you." She was the epitome of politeness, but there was nothing cold or formal about her; Maggie was all sincerity and warmth.

Marcos Windsor, Alexandra Heavens | Maggie's outfit
PM EMAIL
^
Marcos Windsor
 Posted: May 22 2018, 03:20 AM

Age // 22

Posts // 23

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Heather

Occupation // Game Design Major

Partner // Margaret Windsor

Mini Quote

When it rains look for rainbows. When it's dark look for stars.

pst + She/her

Haha, Marc was officially taller than Alex Heavens. He was proud of that fact. He seemed to be a rather friendly guy too, which was good. "I am, it's nice to meet you too, come on in." he nodded, stepping aside for his new stepdad to walk in. Damn, that was weird to say. He wanted the best for his mama regardless if the man was basically a celebrity or not. It all came down to someone actually caring for her and not being anything like his father. He knew it wouldn't be that hard but he wanted to have faith in Alex Heavens. Otherwise, he'd be paying the man a visit. Marc meant it, though he wasn't much of a fighter, he could still stand and look scary on his front doorstep, though.

Right, he was here to play nice with his mother's new beau and get along. "It's nice to finally meet you Alexandra," he nodded in a friendly manner. Admittedly it was weird calling the man Alexandra but he didn't comment on the fact. Sometimes families had weird naming schemes. At the very least, he was glad Alex's name wasn't Apple or Audio Science. Then he would've been a bit worried. "Maggie!" he practically passed the others after he watched her introduce herself to Bea. He had no regrets. Of course, he didn't just pick her up and spin her, he was a giant man with manners, so instead, he reached his arms out to hug her.

Damn, he was whipped and domesticated already. It wasn't all that surprising, it wasn't like he was wild, to begin with, unless he counted that one time when he had his first beer and woke up on the floor hugging his lamp. That was weird and he was certain his mom didn't let him do anything stupid...hopefully. Yeah, he wasn't going to bring it up. "Are we gonna wait a little bit for dinner or can we talk more first?" he inquired before glancing at his mother and awkwardly at Alexandra now. It was going to take some adjusting but he'd figure it out.

Beatriz Heavens, Alexandra Heavens, Margaret Windsor
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Our Button

test

Resource Sites:

Candyland CoutureShadowplayRockin Roleplay

AFFILIATES

HG

test test