Science Is King

Science dictates lives: what you do, where you live, who you marry. It takes care of you, covers your bills, keeps you healthy, and all it asks in return is that you participate in a few experiments. Ridgeway has always been a control group, left mostly alone, but the Department of Science has been moving in, and everything is about to change.

Single
04 M
03 F
Teenagers
04 M
05 F
Partnered
54 M
54 F
Excellent
10 M
17 F
High
24 M
21 F
Neutral
20 M
20 F
Low
05 M
05 F
Poor
01 M
00 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

i care what you think, arrival
Sean Jones
 Posted: May 22 2018, 11:33 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 24

Merit // High

Alias // Kari

Occupation // High school teacher - history and literature

Partner // Catherine Windsor

Mini Quote

EST + she/her/hers

This wasn’t the ideal setting for meeting his new partner for the first time, but both his and Kitty’s schedules had been packed in the two weeks since receiving their notices, so there’d been no other choice. They’d texted, at least, and Sean was acquainted with a few members of her family, so they weren’t total strangers. Just mostly. They’d even gone to high school together, though Sean couldn’t remember anything specific about her. Before getting his notice, the only Windsor he could put a name to was Tori, and that was only because he’d had her in one of his classes her junior year.

As reluctant as Sean was to be partnered again so soon, he didn’t want to embarrass Kitty or make a bad first impression. To that end, he’d asked what color dress she’d be wearing and made sure that what he wore would help make her look her best. His suit wasn’t anything special, but it looked good hanging from his broad shoulders, and the blue of his tie would set off his eyes as well as coordinate with her dress.

He got to the country club at 5:30 sharp—shoes shined, beard trimmed—and waited with his hands resting loosely in his pants pockets for Kitty to arrive.

Catherine Windsor | outfit | word count: 213
PM EMAIL
^
Catherine Windsor
 Posted: May 24 2018, 01:53 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 20

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Zyqoa

Occupation // Genetic analyst and partnership assessor with the Department of Genetics

Partner // Sean Jones

Mini Quote

GMT +1 + She/her

Kitty was excited about this evening for all manner of reasons. She loved fancy parties, loved choosing the best outfit she could, loved the intricate food, the expensive drinks, the dancing, all of it. The Hasenkamp Soirée was one of her favorite events, and every time her invitation showed up she got all giddy. But this year she had another reason for being excited, a completely different reason. This would be the first time that her and Sean met officially, and she was very much looking forward to it. After realizing that they went to high school together she had gone through her yearbook, and that had sparked her memory - so she remembered him vaguely, but they hadn't run in the same circles, so she didn't have a lot of knowledge about him to draw on.

When she arrived she spotted him immediately, politely waiting for her to join him. He looked dashing in his suit, though he would probably look great in anything. Or nothing. She certainly intended to find out sooner rather than later. But for now she would have to settle for the suit.

"Sean!", she called out to get his attention and give him a chance to prepare for the hug he was pulled into when she reached him. It was her intention to make them physically comfortable around each other as soon as possible, so why not break that barrier right away? "You look great. I love that you went with a light-colored suit! So many of the men stick with the dark colors, the blues. A light grey is refreshing", the smile she was sending him was mirrored in her eyes, and she hoped he would take her words as genuine rather than polite chatter. Because they were genuine.

Sean Jones
Ensemble
296 words
PM EMAIL
^
Sean Jones
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 02:09 AM

Age // 28

Posts // 24

Merit // High

Alias // Kari

Mini Quote

EST + she/her/hers

His head turned when he heard his name and he had just enough time to pull his hands out of his pockets before she was hugging him. It was unexpected but not unpleasant, and though he might have been slightly awkward about it, he did hug her back. "Hi, Kitty. The older Windsors had always come across as aloof and untouchable, both in person and in rumor, but he was realizing that he should form his own opinion instead of relying on what he'd heard from other people or remembered from high school, because right now Kitty seemed like anything but.

"Thanks." Dark suits in the summer months tended to make him think of funerals these days, and that was the last thing he wanted right now. "You look beautiful." The lines of her dress suited her figure perfectly, and the dark, delicate lace contrasted nicely with her pale, creamy skin.

"Should we go in and get a drink?" he said, leaving it somewhere between a question and a suggestion. "I've never been to one of these before, so feel free to take the lead." Sean didn't know for sure if Kitty had been to this particular event in previous years, but with her family's status, she had to know her way around an elite cocktail party far better than he did.

Catherine Windsor | word count: 222
PM EMAIL
^
Catherine Windsor
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 10:12 AM

Age // 28

Posts // 20

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Zyqoa

Occupation // Genetic analyst and partnership assessor with the Department of Genetics

Partner // Sean Jones

Mini Quote

GMT +1 + She/her

She imagined that her hug had surprised him. Often people would get a little better acquainted before doing anything of the sort, but she was much too excited to worry about that. There'd be plenty of situations calling for careful and well thought out behavior over the course of the evening, there was no reason to start before she had to.

"That's very kind, thank you", she smiled at him with a little nod of her head. She completely agreed - she did look great - but she didn't want to come off too cocky already, so sticking with humble gratitude seemed like the smarter alternative.

"Don't worry, I've seen my share of fancy parties. I'm sure I can get you through in one piece", she winked, a playful look in her eyes. She had actually intended to be a little more poised and proper for their first meeting, but she couldn't help herself. Couldn't contain herself no matter how much she wanted to. And it wasn't exactly a struggle for her to decide to throw caution to the wind and be charming instead. That was more her style anyway.

Some of her sisters were very good at poised and classy and high society, but sometimes Kitty struggled. It wasn't that she was bad at it, not at all. She could be just as perfect as the others if she wanted to, but it just took a little more work. And often the people who knew her well could see the cracks. So she would have to take a deep breath and gather herself before stepping inside, which was why she was drawing it out just a little bit. Buying some time before putting on her face.

Sean Jones
287 words
PM EMAIL
^
Sean Jones
 Posted: Jun 22 2018, 10:49 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 24

Merit // High

Alias // Kari

Mini Quote

EST + she/her/hers

"I'm taking that as license to use you as a human shield if things get dicey," he teased. Of course he was far too chivalrous to follow through on his threat. If so much as a good fight broke out he'd probably put himself square between Kitty and any mashed potato missiles launched at her. It'd be a shame to let anything happen to that dress of hers.

Sean offered her his arm so they could head into the party together. He wasn't eager to talk to a couple dozen strangers, but he knew he'd feel better once he was inside and had a drink in his hand--it was the anticipation that was responsible for any nervousness he was feeling.

There were already a handful of couples inside, and more were arriving by the minute. Luckily it was still easy to spot the bar. Sean let Kitty order first, as was polite, before requesting a scotch for himself. He was, for the most part, a beer man, but for an event like this, scotch seemed apropos. His father had taught him about the various types of whiskey--scotch, whisky, bourbon, rye--and Sean had come to enjoy most of them. Like his father, he was a bit of a nerd and enjoyed things more when he knew more about them.

"Do you know many of the people here?" he asked Kitty while they waited for their drinks. Sean wasn't sure whether the same people were invited every year or if the Hasenkamps liked to mix up their guest lists, and without knowing what the motivation behind the event was, he couldn't begin to make an educated guess.

Catherine Windsor | word count: 275
PM EMAIL
^
Catherine Windsor
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 02:57 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 20

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Zyqoa

Partner // Sean Jones

Mini Quote

GMT +1 + She/her

"You'll have to crouch quite a bit if you have any hopes of hiding behind me", she chuckled and gently patted his shoulder to underline her point. He was a sizable man, both a decent height and with broad shoulders, and getting his frame to fit behind her dainty one, that would prove a struggle. But it was definitely amusing to imagine him trying to crouch down in hiding behind her, like a bear behind a tree.

Kitty hooked her arm around his, and took a single deep breath before they crossed the threshold and officially entered the party. She would have to be good now, do her best to be perfect. Several of her sisters were present, and many of the Windsor women were not exactly forgiving of a public faux pas. Not that Kitty was overly worried she'd make a fool of herself - she hadn't at any other events over the years, but a new partner was always a gamble. Though Sean seemed like the perfect gentleman so far, and she was more than pleased with him.

They weaved through the couples, Kitty making sure she didn't bump into anybody, until they reached the bar. A drink was definitely necessary tonight, and luckily the Hasenkamps had good taste for top-shelf booze. That was something she could appreciate, and running over the list she recognized the name of a white wine that she was very fond of already, so three was no doubt she'd be having that.

"Well, I was raised in this environment, so I recognize quite a few faces", she replied to Sean as she threw glances around to see who was surrounding them. "But there are also several people I've never seen before."

288 words
Sean Jones
PM EMAIL
^
Sean Jones
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 09:05 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 24

Merit // High

Alias // Kari

Mini Quote

EST + she/her/hers

"Raised in a country club! Does that mean we'll have a golf course instead of a backyard? My dad would probably be pretty excited by that." Either teaching had brought out his dad-like sense of humor or it was what made him a better teacher--a real chicken-and-egg scenario--but either way it was proof that he was a bit of a dork. He might be handsome and built like a Greco-Roman statue, but he was still more academic than athletic. Sean hoped Kitty wouldn't be too put off by that.

His dad really would love a backyard golf course, though. Professor Aaron Jones wasn't particularly good at the sport, but he liked it (probably because of the amount of time it left for pontificating on various subjects while walking from hole to hole).

"Point out who you know, tell me a little about them?" he suggested. People-watching was a fairly safe way to kill a little time, and you could actually learn a lot about someone by how they described others. It took a little more effort than just asking each other questions about themselves, but it also felt less like a mutual interrogation. Sean could use a little primer about the people he might end up talking to that evening; it was helpful to know how to approach someone without worrying about getting off on the wrong foot first.

Sean also figured at least a couple of Kitty's sisters were there with their partners, considering her family's status, and it wouldn't hurt to have a little refresher course on the Windsor girls. He and his brothers had been in school with most of them at one point or another over the years, and he'd taught Tori right before she graduated, but he still didn't know any of them well.

Catherine Windsor | word count: 299
PM EMAIL
^
Catherine Windsor
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 02:28 PM

Age // 28

Posts // 20

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Zyqoa

Partner // Sean Jones

Mini Quote

GMT +1 + She/her

"I suppose that could be made available upon request - if only to please my father in law", she let out a little chuckle. "But I would say that is a noble endeavor, wouldn't you?" Her laugh might not show it, but she actually did find Sean's joke amusing. It was a gentle kind of humor, the kind that didn't take malicious shots at anybody, and she appreciated that. Besides, it was a little look at her husband's personality, and she had the intention of grabbing onto every one of those she'd get, no matter how small.

Once they'd been handed their drinks by the arguably over-worked bartender, Kitty pulled them a little to the side so they could get a better view of the room while being less in the way.

"Well, if you spot a blonde woman who's prettier than should be allowed, there's a decent chance she's a sister of mine. Several of them are here tonight", she smiled a little and took a sip of her wine. The Windsor women were a beautiful bunch, and quite a few of them were very well aware of that, Kitty included.

"But I suppose the faces to really know at this particular arrangement are the Hasenkamps. You know, since they're our gracious hosts", she scanned the room trying to spot one that she could point out to Sean, but so far they were managing to get lost in the crowd. "Some of them are easy to spot. They're very proud people, and it shows", she was attempting to describe them in an amicable way. Not all of the Hasenkamps were Kitty's cup of tea, but saying so in the middle of their party definitely wouldn't be a good idea.

290 words
Sean Jones
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Button

test

Resource Sites:

Candyland CoutureShadowplayRockin Roleplay

AFFILIATES

HG

test