Science Is King

Science dictates lives: what you do, where you live, who you marry. It takes care of you, covers your bills, keeps you healthy, and all it asks in return is that you participate in a few experiments. Ridgeway has always been a control group, left mostly alone, but the Department of Science has been moving in, and everything is about to change.

Single
07 M
05 F
Teenagers
03 M
05 F
Partnered
48 M
48 F
Excellent
09 M
15 F
High
25 M
22 F
Neutral
18 M
16 F
Low
04 M
04 F
Poor
01 M
00 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

she could really be the one this time, dancing & nightcaps
Leah Hasenkamp
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 09:32 PM

Age // 30

Posts // 19

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Kari

Occupation // Department of Credit executive

Partner // Rosewood Hahn

Mini Quote

EST + she/her/hers

For the first two portions of the evening, Leah was strictly on duty. She greeted guests, mingled with her parents' friends, and didn't stray too far from her date. Her date was...adequate, certainly not someone who would reflect poorly on her, but he still required more effort than her husband had. Jake and Leah had their own rhythm, and as much as he more-than-occasionally drove her crazy, she'd never deny that he could work a room. Whoever she was partnered to next had better live up to that standard.

After dinner, however, was when Leah let her hair down a little--metaphorically, of course--and had a little fun for herself. "Oh good, I've finally got you alone," Leah said as she hooked her arm through Ellie's, a glass of wine in her other hand and a small, pleased smile on her face. "I love my brother, but he's terribly boring. I'd call him vanilla, but that would imply that he actually has some flavor." Status-wise, Ellie was very lucky to have been partnered to Seth, but it didn't bode well for her excitement levels.

"I would have pouted if I didn't get to spend any time with the most beautiful Windsor here." Yes, she was flirting, but she'd been steadily drinking all night and it certainly wasn't fighting the truth serum that had loosened her lips. "I was seated with Catherine at dinner. She's lovely, and she and Sean make a cute couple, but Seth still managed to snag the best of you. I mean, Elizabeth was rather overdressed, don't you think?" Very few floor-length gowns were suitable for a cocktail party, even one as elite as this one.

Eleanor Windsor-Hasenkamp | outfit | word count: 278
PM EMAIL
^
Eleanor Windsor-Hasenkamp
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 06:30 PM

Age // 31.

Posts // 25

Merit // Excellent

Alias // Emilie

Occupation // CFO of Lipton Institute

Partner // Seth Hasenkamp

Mini Quote

Many people think of perfectionism as striving to be your best, but it's not about self-improvement; it's about earning approval and acceptance.

+ She/Her

Ellie let out a small sound of surprise as Leah joked her arm through Ellie's. Normally, she would've maintained a touch more dignity, but she had also been drinking steadily through the night, and she was a little tipsy. Not sloppy, of course, but... a little lighter, more relaxed. Her brow furrowed just a bit at Leah's compliments- since when had anyone at any point considered her the best of the Windsor bunch?

She felt like she ought to defend Seth, particularly since Ellie wasn't really all that much more interesting herself, except maybe that she was pretty and blonde. The Hasenkamp siblings seemed to not be quite as... hostile to one another, though. Letting the comment slide wasn't the same betrayal that it would be if the roles were reversed. "It really would have been a shame if we didn't get a chance to talk," Ellie said. She finished the glass of champagne she'd been holding, absently placing the glass on a tray carried by a passing waiter. "Speaking of dresses, I've been meaning to tell you all night that you look stunning in yours." Subconsciously, her gaze flicked down and then up again.

She knew it was terrible of her, but she couldn't help the little giggle that escaped her lips. "Well, Lizzie's always been afraid of not being the best dressed person in the room." Wait, what? Ellie was a Windsor. No matter How much they wanted to scratch each other's eyes our, they didn't disparage each other to other people. Well. Ellie didn't. Lizzie, however, had never had the same ideas about loyalty. How often had Ellie stood at the edge of the room watching Lizzie charm everyone, to her exclusion? And now Leah was seeking Ellie out.

Leah Hasenkamp
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Our Button

test

Resource Sites:

Candyland CoutureShadowplayRockin Roleplay

AFFILIATES

HG

test