Science Is King

Science dictates lives: what you do, where you live, who you marry. It takes care of you, covers your bills, keeps you healthy, and all it asks in return is that you participate in a few experiments. Ridgeway has always been a control group, left mostly alone, but the Department of Science has been moving in, and everything is about to change.

Single
07 M
05 F
Teenagers
03 M
05 F
Partnered
48 M
48 F
Excellent
09 M
15 F
High
25 M
22 F
Neutral
18 M
16 F
Low
04 M
04 F
Poor
01 M
00 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC

scared I'll die of uncertainty, #brothersmalone
Finn Malone
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 08:33 PM

Age // 26

Posts // 18

Merit // High

Alias // Kari

Occupation // Actor

Partner // Jane Windsor

Mini Quote

I never wish to offend, but I am so foolishly shy, that I often seem negligent, when I am only kept back by my natural awkwardness.

EST + she/her/hers

In a town as small as Ridgeway, the sales clerks at the liquor store tended to get to know the regulars, the people there every week for their legal allotment of beer or wine or spirits. Some showed up like clockwork every Tuesday evening, or every Saturday afternoon, or whatever worked for their schedule, determined to never miss out on what they considered rightfully theirs. Finn wasn't one of those regulars; while he kept beer in the house for his own consumption and a couple different kinds of liquor in case his brothers or cousins dropped in to say hi, he rarely ran up against the legal limit. It meant the clerk was polite when Finn went to pay for his six-packs but didn't treat him like an old friend like the customer who had gone just ahead of him in line. Not that Finn minded--avoiding small talk was usually the goal.

Beer in hand, Finn made his way over to Westmore, where Keegan lived. It was good having his brothers local; he was marginally less awkward with them than with the rest of the world, and loneliness was always an issue for Finn. So even if Keegan was using him for his alcohol credits after all, Finn wouldn't complain. It still got him out of the house and socializing, which he rather desperately needed.

That was only more true now that he'd gotten a partnership notice and was due to be married again in less than a month. His first marriage hadn't even lasted that long; Tamara had been taken away a mere four weeks into their life together. It hadn't been long enough to get to know each other, let alone introduce her to his family. This new partnership was bound to last longer, if only due to the law of averages. Finn didn't feel any readier for his second attempt than he had for his first, which only made him more eager to get to Keegan's and crack open those beers.

He had to wait for a couple kids on bikes with training wheels to get out of the way before he could pull into Keegan's driveway. Grabbing a six-pack in each hand, he bumped the car door closed with his hip and walked up to the front of the house. Finn awkwardly shifted things around in his arms for a moment before he gave up and used his elbow to ring the doorbell.

Keegan Malone
PM EMAIL
^
Keegan Malone
 Posted: May 10 2018, 08:40 PM

Advanced Member

Age // 24

Posts // 108

Merit // Low

Alias // Lady

Occupation // Fiction Novelist

Partner //

Mini Quote

"Fuck you, you fucking fuck!"

EST + she/her

Did Keegan want a beer? Fuck yes. Did he know that one of the ways he could get a cold one was by inviting his high merit brother over to chill? Well, yeah. But that wasn’t the only reason he had Finn picking up some brewskis. Key genuinely didn’t mind his brother’s company, even if he could be fucking weird. Plus, he hadn’t seen him in a while. That’s the sort of shit that happens when you’ve got an actor in the family. They end up jetting off to film the newest flick, especially if it’s on location across the country.

With a text fired off to the oldest Malone of the three boys, Keegan began to rummage through the cupboards to see what kind of snacks he could round up. “I thought there were some damn chips in here somewhere…” he muttered to himself, his eyes darting across the countertops after coming up empty in the cupboards.

Imbecile, chimed in the AI. You finished the bag nearly two days prior. Replenishing your supply would also be ill-advised as you’re beginning to increasingly resemble a potato at an alarming rate.

“Fuck you too, Sam.”

My name is Samantha.

“I don’t give a shit. Just get lost.”

Keegan stood still for a moment, waiting for the annoying as fuck Samantha to hit him with some kind of witty comeback, but for once, she remained silent. He had a feeling he’d pay for it later.

Eventually, he found a pack of pizza bites in the freezer and considered them good enough. He wasn’t about to make a whole damn spread for Finn. This wasn’t the Superbowl.

With the oven preheating, and the bites haphazardly placed on a baking sheet, he heard the doorbell ring. “I don’t want to fucking hear it, Samantha,” Key said, instantly trying to cut off whatever the hell the AI could have up her metaphorical sleeve before opening the door. Or at least he would have if it would unlock.

“Jesus fucking Christ. Really? You’re going to leave my brother out there?”

This is an unwelcome environment. He is superiorly talented and impressionable. He doesn’t need-

”You telling him what he needs. He’s a grown fucking man. Let him in.”

No.

”Let him in.”

I shall not.

Keegan placed both of his hands on the doorknob, and one of his feet on the door to gain some leverage before pulling with a good amount of strength, knowing that it was fucking stupid to even try. But he had a feeling the AI wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity to make him look like a fool. He placed his bets and tugged a little harder. ”Let him in, you fucking-“

He didn’t get to finish his sentence because a second later his ass hit the cold entryway floor, Finn standing before him, the door wide open. If only he’d put money on it. ”Bitch,” he growled.

Finn Malone
PM
^
Finn Malone
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 10:17 PM

Age // 26

Posts // 18

Merit // High

Alias // Kari

Occupation // Actor

Partner // Jane Windsor

Mini Quote

I never wish to offend, but I am so foolishly shy, that I often seem negligent, when I am only kept back by my natural awkwardness.

EST + she/her/hers

Finn heard his brother curse from the other side of the door and wondered who he was yelling at. Was he on the phone with someone? The female voice that answered had that quality that Finn couldn't quite put his finger on but that always let him know it was an AI rather a human, and he sighed in relief. Good, he wasn't going to have to smack his brother upside the head for being a dick to a real person, at least not in the first thirty seconds of hanging out.

Then Finn realized that the AI was talking about him, and he had to snort at the idea of being impressionable. If having beers with his brother had the capacity to ruin him, he'd have been ruined a long time ago. He wasn't sure whether compliments from an AI were flattering, creepy, or somewhere in between, though. Probably a question best saved for after he got a beer or two in him, or so he was thinking when the door suddenly swung open in front of him to the sound of Keegan hitting the ground.

He bit back his laugh, but it probably showed at the corners of his smile as he stepped inside and looked down at his brother. "I'd help you up, but both my hands are full," Finn explained, lifting the six-packs a little higher to demonstrate. "Meet you in the kitchen once you scrape your ass off the floor?" He didn't wait for an answer.

Finn tossed one of the six packs in the fridge to keep it cold while they worked through the other one. Seeing the baking sheet of still-cold pizza bites on the stove, he slid that into the oven and then went looking for a bottle opener. Three drawers later, it occurred to him that easy access was probably a priority for Keegan, and changed tactics. Bingo! Magnetic opener right there in plain sight, stuck in the refrigerator door. "So, how's life treating you? I hope your next wife is nicer than your AI." Keegan's first marriage hadn't ended well, so it was a risky subject to tackle, but that's what the beers were for, right?

Keegan Malone
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Our Button

test

Resource Sites:

Candyland CoutureShadowplayRockin Roleplay

AFFILIATES

HG

test