Science Is King

Science dictates lives: what you do, where you live, who you marry. It takes care of you, covers your bills, keeps you healthy, and all it asks in return is that you participate in a few experiments. Ridgeway has always been a control group, left mostly alone, but the Department of Science has been moving in, and everything is about to change.

Single
04 M
03 F
Teenagers
04 M
05 F
Partnered
54 M
54 F
Excellent
10 M
17 F
High
24 M
21 F
Neutral
20 M
20 F
Low
05 M
05 F
Poor
01 M
00 F

REPLY NEW TOPIC

All the Small Things, Vincent Declout
Adolfina Erikson
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 06:01 PM

Age // 21

Posts // 27

Merit // High

Alias // Rebecca

Occupation // Student majoring in nursing

Partner // Vincent Declout

Mini Quote

Doctor Hannibal Lecter: "I've always found the idea of death comforting. The thought that my life could end at any moment frees me to fully appreciate the beauty and art and horror of everything this world has to offer."

Eastern + She/Her

July 10th had arrived. It had arrived and Adolfina knew that she would be arriving at the court house on time. Whether or not Vincent would arrive she was still not entirely positive. He had said that he would but... people changed their minds all of the time. Thankfully their dinner a couple of weeks had gone smoothly. It was not disastrous by any means but perhaps smoothly wasn't the proper word to describe their interactions. Obviously there was a level of distance between them and it was awkward when he met her father and her father's partner. Nothing exploded and no one ended up crying so maybe she needed to classify it as a win? They were both still uneasy around one another as they shared that meal. She had prepared a roast with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. It felt like that type of meal to serve one's spouse. Or maybe it just felt like a meal that a grandmother served when she had her entire family over for dinner. It did not feel overly personably but she knew so little about him. All that she had to go on was "nothing spicy".  Overtime she would learn more and during this week perhaps they would find a meal that they were both pleased with.

She spent the morning preparing herself both physically and mentally for what awaited her in a few hours. Though she put less effort into her appearance than she had originally expected. Basically she went through her usual routine except instead of heading off to class or her clinic rounds, she hung around the house until their appointment time approached. And instead of wearing scrubs or comfortable clothing, she selected a comfortable dress for the occasion. Sensible heels that were comfortable and more formal than flats. Again nothing overly special. Afterwards she spent the morning making sure that all of her assignments were submitted as required and that she had her list of make up work to finish before the end of the semester. Sadly it would be done before she returned to classes after her week off. It was doubtful that she and Vincent would spend much time together during the week. She wondered if she should submit it slowly to keep up with appearances or just submit it upon her return to school.

Her father had agreed to keep Mocha for the night and in the morning Adolfina would retrieve her to bring to her new house. She did one last check of her boxes of stuff before having her father drive her over. They said good bye and she turned to head inside. Early for their appointment yet she had not seen Vincent arriving. Deep down she was nervous about whether or not he would show up with the deepest part of her wishing that he would not. They did not seem compatible however they were assigned one another. It shook her core beliefs in the system, though she would never verbally question such a thing out loud. It was just this feeling deep within her gut. An uneasiness that she could cover as partnership jitters or something. Her stomach did feel like there were a million butterflies flapping around as she made her way to the second floor to check in.

Still no sign of her partner.

Adolfina checked in with the receptionist and then took a seat. Logically she followed a mental plan in these moments. Things like turning off her cell phone, checking her lipstick, smoothing out the hem of her dress and looking between the door and the clock on the wall. Minutes slipped away so slowly that they felt like hours were passing. Fina continued to wait as the time drew closer.

Vincent Declout

(Sorry for the delay. I promise to be better. We are settled into the new house though we are still missing furniture)
PM EMAIL
^
Vincent Declout
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 06:46 PM

Advanced Member

Age // 29

Posts // 31

Merit // High

Alias // JSBird

Occupation // Surgeon / Freelance dressmaker and tailor

Partner // Adolfina Erikson

Mini Quote

There's no great genius without some touch of madness

PST + She/Her

There wasn't time to think about it. he refused to give himself time to think about it, if he thought for too long the fear would eek out of every part of him. He busied himself until the day arrived. When it did he could feel himself detaching from the situation reality slipping in and out of his grasp. everything on auto pilot. He felt like he was watching from the outside as he dressed in his suit. the only nice thing he owned that wasn't a dress. his mother nagged at him when he picked up his cat for comfort. snapping at him about getting cat hair on his suit. who'd want to marry someone that smelled like a stray.
He packed up his belongings and drove away from that house. Potato in the back seat. he slowly started to realize that this meant. He never had to go back to that place. he never had to see that woman again. he started laughing, and crying and had to pull over until his hysterics subsided. he fas free. if only for now. That woman had no right to him any longer, and the new woman he would be tied to... she seemed to understand his needs, she seemed, cooperative, and kind, she had cooked something nice for him for dinner, he curled up and pressed his head against the steering wheel. was it the mania that was making his stomach turn, or was it the thought of Adolphina and her piercing eyes? was that what love was, the sickening churn of bile. perhaps he was just going to vomit.
he took a detour to his new home and dropped Potato off over the back yard fence, "you stay here, okay? I'll be back soon, this is our new home now, make sure you remember it."
He then drove off to the court house. There he did end up having to lock himself in the bathroom to vomit. no. no, this certainly wasn't love. he remembered his feeling. it was fear. He had left that awful woman behind but only to be tethered to another vile witch-
"she isn't a witch." he told himself, "she's not a witch, this is going to be different. this is going to be better, things are going to be just fine."
Once he had recovered, brushed his teeth and splashed water on his face he made his way to the second floor.
He spotted Adolphina and almost turned around and never looked back. but he had come to far now. he had made a promise to himself. and Potato was already at the new house, there was no going back.
He checked in with the receptionist and turned to take a seat with Adolphina but didn't quite make it to her when his legs buckled and he hand to take the closet seat to him, just a few seats away from her. He wasn't breathing properly. he was going in and out of focus again. he swallowed hard and stood up again, moving a few seats closer to Adolphina and slumping there, closing his eyes. maybe he should have stayed in that farther chair. he could smell him, something sweet or floral, he didn't care but if he could smell her she most certainly smelled his fear. "Dehydrated." He said, was that a proper excuse for his behaviors. as a nursing student, or even as a person who knew some of his secrets, would she even buy that?

Adolfina Erikson
PM
^
Adolfina Erikson
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 07:09 PM

Age // 21

Posts // 27

Merit // High

Alias // Rebecca

Mini Quote

Doctor Hannibal Lecter: "I've always found the idea of death comforting. The thought that my life could end at any moment frees me to fully appreciate the beauty and art and horror of everything this world has to offer."

Eastern + She/Her

Eventually she turned her attention to one of the magazines that sat on the small table next to her chair. Some cooking magazine with brightly covered cookies on the front. A better use of her time than just alternating between watching the door or watching the clock. Careful to turn the pages slowly and take in the lovely images on each page (and to waste as much time as possible). Actually she became so engrossed that she did not even hear the door open nor did she see the familiar person entering to check in at the reception desk. It wasn't until she heard the sounds of someone walking through the waiting room towards her but then suddenly sitting down. It made her close the magazine and look up. There he was... and looking quite ill, she noted. She watched as he stood up and managed to make it a few seats closer. Quickly she got up to assist him, her nursing training taking over almost instinctively. Yet he quickly said dehydration as the cause so she stood up to get him some water. A small glass as too much water could cause vomiting.

"Here... small sips." She said as she offered him the cup of water. Perhaps there was more to his sickness than he was letting on and she knew that he was all sorts of messed up. There was a twinge of surprise that he was even here today. First and foremost, she needed to make sure that he was alright before they could move forward with the rest of the afternoon. At least passing out from dehydration would not damage either of their merit levels (at least she hoped). But she was ready to just be done with this part. Fina was ready to be settled into their new home so she hoped that he could regain himself and they could go forward as scheduled. "Are you alright?" She finally asked, eager to hear his response. He was a doctor so he knew how to deal with dehydration as well as she. Doctors did make terrible patients.

Slowly she moved and took the seat next to him but made sure to give him room so that he did not feel smothered. Watching his breathing for a while to make sure that he calmed himself.

Again she spoke. This time in a whispered tone for only them to hear. "You are here..." A small smile on the corner of her lips. She did not know why she was pleased by the fact that he was there. Secretly she still longed for that partner that she felt a sexual attraction to or even that partner that was going to be more affectionate. But she was stuck with Vincent. He was here and together they were about to go through their appointment to make a happy home. Fina wanted a happy home and that started now. It started with smiling and being pleased that he was there. It started with them making this work. They had successfully made it through dinner, so why not successfully make it through their appointment?

"Do you want some more water?"

Vincent Declout
PM EMAIL
^
Vincent Declout
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 07:42 PM

Advanced Member

Age // 29

Posts // 31

Merit // High

Alias // JSBird

Mini Quote

PST + She/Her

He was thankful for the water. Thankful that she let him lie, and went along with it. He didn't want anyone else to know he was afraid. but she knew. she knew he was afraid, and she didn't scoff, she didn't curse at him, tell him to be a man, she just was there, being a nurse. he sipped the water slowly as he had been told, "I'll be fine, just... jittery." what a pathetic word to describe his fraying nerves, the pit in his stomach, the bile in his throat. He took another sip of water.
she was smiling at him, why? was she planing something- no no... he had to keep telling himself that this was different. this girl wasn't his mother. she was kinder, prettier. after the high of all of this fear had crashed down on him, maybe he could started to tolerate her presence, even want it. perhaps he had been too harsh on her at first, too abrasive, she didn't know him... who he really was, what he really wanted in life. did he want her to know?
"I should have made you a dress, it would have looked nicer." He said quietly. perhaps that was rude to say. she had picked that dress out by herself. and it was not an ugly dress. maybe he should explain, "not that you... don't look nice, just you, the dress, is... it's nice but... I should probably be taken in just a touch, it's murdering your figure." he covered his eyes, this was hard, it was so hard, he was scared and didn't even know how to have a normal conversation with a woman, he needed to find a default, what did they say to each other in the movies at a time like this, would she find it fake if he said something like that. it was worth a try, "you look beautiful."

Adolfina Erikson
PM
^
Adolfina Erikson
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 06:44 PM

Age // 21

Posts // 27

Merit // High

Alias // Rebecca

Mini Quote

Eastern + She/Her

Adolfina wanted him to "be a man". She wanted him to be that strong but equal force in their relationship but she was not going to sit there an insult him. Insults would lead to a distrust and sour the small budding relationship that they were working on. She never imagined herself with someone that she would consider to be a "cry baby". Crying was not her style. Again she would not ruin the small bits of good between them, unless it got excessive. If he ever cried during a movie or at a news story then she would say something. Hopefully once the stress of the situation wore off and they were settled into their new home, then he would calm down.

Of course he instantly made what many would consider to be a rude comment on her appearance. From their few interactions, Fina had learned that he wasn't trying to be rude but just lacked any social graces such as being polite instead of just saying whatever came to mind. She could not blame him or be upset by it when she, herself, had been told that she was too blunt sometimes. So rather than instantly being put off by his comment, she just nodded. "well... perhaps if we have to attend a nice event then you can select or create a dress for me." If he had offered then she likely would have worn something he gave her. Instead she selected her own dress for comfort and to wear something nice. Personally she did not give much thought towards her figure or complimenting it with alterations. Scrubs were not form flattering. Their purpose was to get blood on them so she did not care much about how well they fit her.

His complement came as a sort of after thought, at least in her opinion. Again she was not going to stay anything to spin any negativity. So she offered up a bit more of a smile before speaking. "Thank you Vincent. You look nice as well." Returning the compliment. He looked out of place but at least presentable for the occasion. Once they got home then they could both change, at least once they go through their boxes. Then a thought occurred to her. Maybe she did need to address the whole dress thing. She would have preferred to not see him dressed up in such a way in their common areas, but it was his house too. There were some things she would just have to life with for the sake of equality in their relationship.

"I figured that we could spend the afternoon unpacking and have dinner again tonight." Conversation meant to distract while they awaited their turn. Having a plan of attack, so to speak, when they got home. They could each retreat to their own rooms and do whatever they wanted before reconvening for dinner that evening. "Oh um... Mocha will be dropped off tomorrow morning. I would like to spend some time tomorrow introducing our pets so that we can prevent any potential issues." Another plan. Fina was considered to be a planner. At least she was doubtful that Mocha would have any ill feelings towards Vincent's cat.

Hopefully this conversation distracted him enough so that they could get through the next hour or so without him puking, passing out or crying. 

Vincent Declout

PM EMAIL
^
Vincent Declout
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 09:52 PM

Advanced Member

Age // 29

Posts // 31

Merit // High

Alias // JSBird

Mini Quote

PST + She/Her

Vincent nodded, at least she hadn't gotten mad, He never meant to insult her, there was no reason to. she had been nothing but kind to him. though his head filled him with fear she had never really done anything at all. He tried to meet her eyes and was able to for a while, he looked away, "it would match your eyes." sharp and strong, commanding. she'd outshine everyone anywhere. as the partner of a future scientist should.
She thought he looked nice. was she just saying that? He looked down at the suit, it wasn't anything fancy, simple, inexpensive, he had tailored it himself so at least if fit right. Nonetheless he hated it. stiff and formal, easy to wrinkle and not any good at breathing. He wished he could wear something lighter, easier, more like what Fina had worn, but he knew he would be ridiculed if he did such a thing, Fina would probably hate him for sure. He ran a hand through his hair, "thank you.... I tailored the suit myself."
He continued to listen to her talk, make plans, fine plans. He nodded to her, unpack and dinner. what would they even talk about over dinner, would he have to think of something? "I can prepare it this time... if you wish." He said slowly, wondering if he'd even be in any state to do anything at all, "but if you want to cook again I wouldn't mind, you cook very well." there, that was a genuine complement right? nothing rude, just the truth.
Ah... the animals, "Potato is already at the house, I'm sure he'll be prowling for a few days but when he gets back we can do introductions. I am... excited to meet your dog." That was also the truth, Animals were such wonderful things, even the ugly ones, "I'm sure he won't cause much fuss, he keeps to himself mostly."

Adolfina Erikson
PM
^
Adolfina Erikson
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:26 pm

Age // 21

Posts // 27

Merit // High

Alias // Rebecca

Mini Quote

Eastern + She/Her

"um... sure. It would only be fair if you took the time to prepare our meal but I can help if you need it. From my understanding in restaurants there is a chef and a sous chef, so I can be the sous chef tonight. I like a variety of foods so whatever you wish to make will be perfectly find for me." She replied. Fina ate a pretty balanced diet with plenty of fresh foods while at the same time she also skipped plenty of meals due to school or her clinic hours. Nurses did not necessarily get set breaks if they were in the middle of something important. One could not stop giving the patients their medications because they needed to eat lunch. "Tomorrow we should probably take an inventory and decide if we need anything at the store. I can complete the shopping if that works well for you." Secretly she felt like Vincent was going to require a fair bit of alone time to even just adjust to their new situation. So she would find various reasons to get out of the house or to leave him alone. Plus having an escape plan just felt reasonable to her.

He dropped off his cat already? She wondered about the cat and she wondered what their house looked like. Was it nice on the outside? Did he see if all of their stuff had made it inside? Since her father had driven her to the appointment, she would be riding back with Vincent so it was probably a good thing that he now knew the location of their house. Her concern for the cat had grown though and she hoped that the animal was safe. Birds could be predatory animals if they felt threatened and cats were the birds natural enemy. "Is he an outdoor cat or an indoor one?" Hopefully he was typically an indoor one because she did not wish to find a dead bird outside by the cat's doing. No more negative thoughts towards the cat, she told herself internally. Potato was her partner's animal.

It was then that the door opened and their names with called to go and finalize the paperwork of their partnership. Their time had finally come. She hoped that Vincent would not get kill now as there was no turning back now. Granted she had to figure out how to navigate following the government person back to their office and making sure that Vincent would not passed out on the way in. Since he came to their appointment, she would at least make sure to support him so that neither lost merits. After she stood up, Fina looked back at him. "Can you make it?" She asked with concern. They were so close to that final moment before being partnered until death separated them. The tension was thick. The government official was awaiting for them and she doubted that he was a patient person considering what he did all day.

Adolfina looked towards the man that they were meeting with and then back at Vincent. She hated to keep someone waiting. She did not want to cause a back up of appointments. So she offered up her hand to Vincent in hopes that it would ease his nerves even in the slightest.

Vincent Declout

PM EMAIL
^
Vincent Declout
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:37 pm

Advanced Member

Age // 29

Posts // 31

Merit // High

Alias // JSBird

Mini Quote

PST + She/Her

Vincent nodded, "I don't mind if you help." He continued nodding as the woman talked about trivial things, going shopping, taking inventory, he wasn't sure if he would have much left tomorrow but perhaps having something methodical to do would calm him and get him more used to this new normal.
He could hear the worry in Fina's voice when she asked about potato, he looked at her with the best smile he could muster, "he is both. but that is because mom... wasn't fond of him. I'll see if he'd prefer to stick inside but he does like to roam." though it would be nice to have his companion around more often, a familiar face in the chaos.

Vincent heard their names called and his vision began to tunnel, this was it, he was trapped, if he went through that door he would be with this woman forever. he wanted to say that he was fine with it now, that he wasn't scared, that he wasn't about to cry, or run or something worse. he felt bile rise in his throat again and he swallowed.
Fina spoke to him softly, could he make it? He wasn't sure. He looked up at her, then at her hand. He slowly took the hand in his own, betraying the shaking in his body, her hand was soft, but not weak, the hands of a nurse, Strong, and delicate.
"I can make it." he slowly stood, Keeping his hand in hers.

Adolfina Erikson
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC

Our Button

test

Resource Sites:

Candyland CoutureShadowplayRockin Roleplay

AFFILIATES

HG

test